5.28.2006

Whee for the weekend

So, now it's the weekend (well, the weekend's half over), and I've accomplished approximately nothing. All my (few) plans for Saturday were shot down by a surprise trip to Norman and Sunday was filled with Blanchard/sofa moving. Wahoo.

Friday I was planning to eat Thai food. Well, apparently, Bernard decided that I would have other plans as he was closed for the holiday (until TUESDAY!?! Tragic.)...so instead, Billy and I went to look at shoes and cars. We bought both, and the guy at the car place wanted to buy some Mary Kay stuff so I decided that I'd go to Norman on Saturday morning to deliver. Woot. There went one sleepin-in day. Later Saturday, the three-ring circus (aka Dave, Billy, Mom and I) decided to put in our new screen door. Three hours and a Chicago greatest hits CD later, we met with success. Well, more like they met with success. I went to Wal-Mart to forage for dinner makings and missed out on the grunting and cussing part. I made it home in time to stand back and look at the pretty door.

Spent this morning in Blanchard doing the Sunday thing, then I went with Billy to the ghetto to buy a sofa. Three hours and four thousand trips to the ghetto later, the sofa was a success in the home of someone on vacation. The sofa reeks, and there is absolutely no air in the house where we put it. Can't wait for that guy to get home! Wowza.

So I have to read the Bible in French next week, and I got a(nother) crash course in French diction. Can anyone say about ten ancient civilization names in French (I can't even say them in English)??? If so, I need you. If not, I may want you, but needs and wants have long been differentiated in my world.

Anyway, I'm off to bed to enjoy a wonderful full night's sleep. And a full morning's sleep for that matter.

Bonne nuit...

No comments: