6.29.2006

My lopsided soapbox

I need to carve a ladder into my soapbox. It's getting worn down on one side from all the crawling I'm doing to get on and off of it.

With that said...

I need to smooth out the heel prints left from the stilettos I wore last time, then hop up onto my soapbox in my nifty flip-floppy sandals. Just for the record, in case you've missed the last installments of my soapbox moments, I LOATHE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's honoree works in Chicago, and I have her idocy in writing...

I am doing research, and to give you a sample of the questions, these are a few of the questions from the questionnaire:

To which organization do the following answers apply?
How is your organization structured?
What strategy does your organization follow for Marketing and Public Relations?
Do you have a detailed position statement or brand strategy? If so, please provide details.
Does your organization actively pursue Marketing and Public Relations opportunities? How?
How long has your organization actively pursued Marketing and Public Relations?
Historically, has your organization had any obstacles to Marketing and Public Relations? Have there been any other obstacles to overcome as an organization?
What is the approximate attendance to your organization’s events annually?
Is attendance seasonal? Does it follow any predictable patterns? If so, please describe patterns.
What type of person generally attends your organization’s events? (Describe person)
What percentage of sales is budgeted for Marketing and Public Relations?
What new market ideas lie ahead? Does your organization actively seek new markets or demographics?
What challenges or hurdles are foreseen for the next five years of your organization?
Historically, what medium or campaign has worked best for your organization?
Which media or campaigns have been least effective?
Is your organization dependent upon fundraising for over 50% of your income, or are other monies available (i.e., grants, subsidies, or endowments)?
To what degree does fundraising affect Marketing and Public Relations in your organization?

Honoree sent the following response to those questions. (Understand that these questions have been answered by organizations whose annual attendence is in the 2-5 million range...)

I’ve looked over your questions, but I think I need a little more detail in all of the questions so that I know what kind of info you’re looking for. The *** is a really large organization, and there’s no easy answer to most of your questions without some more direction from you. Would you mind sending me something that’s a little more specific?

Also, when do you need the responses back?

June 31, dummy.

No comments: