4.14.2008

I’ll Take One To Go, Thanks.

or… "Fast Food"

This weekend was a ringing good time in the big "D"…I'm in pain, but when it's due to spending all day ringing, who is counting? Let us, however, go back in time to Friday afternoon…

I was slated to leave Slugdom around 3, but since all the bosses were gone, I figured I'd leave around 1:45. At 1:10, the powers that be decided to test the fire alarm system. At 1:25, when the test was still in progress, I told the other girl that I was going to lunch and wouldn't be back. I cruised over to Taco Hell to grab some "food" so I wouldn't really have to spend time stopped. I hit the road headed south and, alas, as I passed the exit to go to my apartment, I passed the Gentle Giant, a friend and ringer in my choirs who was also headed south for the weekend o' ringing. After much honking and waving, he decided to follow me to Dallas.

About 20 miles into the trip, we hit a MAJOR traffic jam…I-35 down to one lane, stopped traffic as far as the eye could see. GG called me from two cars behind (a car slipped in for 15 miles!) to lament about the state of his hunger, ruing that he neglected to stop at a Taco Hell before leaving the metro. I told him that I had half of a caramel apple empanada left over that he was welcome to, and he wondered at how to get it to him. Since traffic had never quite STOPPED in the jam, and was just rolling along about 5 miles per hour, this did present a dilemma.

Ever resourceful, however, I wrapped it up in my Taco Hell bag, opened my car door, and placed it neatly on the outside of the yellow line on the road. The woman in the car between us gaped at me in horror, which was exacerbated when she saw GG drive up to the bag, open his door, and retrieve that bag in her rearview. He then commenced munching happily, much to the shock and chagrin of both the old-timers in the car behind him and the woman watching in the rearview.


 

The woman driving car between us changed lanes.

6 comments:

Heather Appel said...

you never fail me in the "genius" department. wow....

Anonymous said...

That is one of the funniest things I've pictured in my head all year. LMAO!

Anonymous said...

ROFL. That is one of those things that is perfect to talk about, but never seem to be able to pull off in reality. You ROCK!!

MR

Unknown said...

I do miss having you in class. Reading your blog makes me laugh my head off. Only you.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing but just thought typical you!! Not as funny as the pee stop on the side of the road for example.

Ariel said...

Drug deal!!!!!!!