7.16.2006

Damn laziness.

Well, the ending to this week was eventful, if nothing else. I spent all week setting up this freakin' conference that didn't get handled before specific others in my office took time off. So by Wednesday everything is all nice and neat (except the crap that has to go through the agency, of course) and Thursday is spent tidying up loose ends. Then Friday happened...

The first bit of communication I receive when I arrive at work is an email from the manager at the hotel holding the newly-arranged conference (that he did have the dates for in February...) -- just a friendly reminder that oops! He forgot to set up the sleeping rooms for the conference, and as a result, all my people get to sleep in their cars. Whee! Happy Friday.

So I also get a call, directly after calling the dumbass back to rectify *his* situation, that tells me that Sir Knight has had the misfortune of being in a car wreck. Moron hit-and-ran him. So I get to deal alone. Wazah. In two hours, I had all the paperwork changed over (and run through the agency, miraculously enough), and now the conference is in a different hotel in a different town.

...and the best part of this all is that the conference happens next week...while I'm in Chicago. So I don't have to deal with a bit of it. Oh well, life is hard, right?

No comments: