7.07.2006

Happy Friday.

Well, I hope everyone made it past Tuesday with little sobriety and lots of fun. Not me. I just made it past Tuesday, and I'm jolly glad of that small accomplishment.

I've spent the last two days at a slug-fair in downtown. Chris, for the record, I have new appreciation for people sitting behind tables waiting for the masses to come to you. I'm a do-er, and waiting for 3000 people to decide that my program is the one they are looking for is not what I treasure. I have gotten off work early for the last two days (bonus) but the lack of freedom to do things that really need done (like planning the conference in 2 weeks that still doesn't have a location) is really frustrating. Most everyone else chats and plays games on their laptop, but alas. LIW had the laptop and was busy looking busy for most of the time. Then Princess wanted me to help with the press conference this morning, so I spent all morning standing around (literally--I stood in the back of the room and smiled at everyone) watching a bunch of people tell their life story.

Grr. Just give me a conference to organize, and I'll run the whole damn thing blindfolded with my hands tied. Make me be a flunky and I'll grumble because I have nothing to do. Maybe if the g'ment would figure out how to give personality tests and make those who don't like to work do my job, and give me one that is active and focused, we'd have a better state. Well, at least a more organized and efficient agency.

With oximorons like that in print, maybe hell will freeze over.

No comments: