10.20.2007

An Open Letter

God,

This is Clarinazi. Remember me? The musician who plays your praises on Sunday mornings, after her Sooners win on Saturday nights? Yes, that's the one...me. Well, I don't particularly appreciate the game you've been playing these last two weeks. I understand that I should attend the game faithfully when the Sooners are in town, but when they're away, that's just not feasible. I understood last week when your countenance frowned upon my decision to do other work rather than attend the game, but this week, attendance wasn't an option! Please God, just let me be able to watch my Sooners games again without jinxing my team. I really enjoy screaming at the TV, but for good reasons rather than ill. I'm not asking for you to smile upon your servant, I'd just appreciate it if the little crimson and cream cloud you have permanently attached over my head would become black and orange.

Always your good and faithful servant,

Clarinazi

No comments: