10.13.2007

This blows a goat.

This morning my sister called to see if I wanted to go to the game. I said that I had stuff to do (and I do), so I stayed home and would watch on TV... So I settle in to watch my Sooners dominate Mizzou. ... If you'll notice the time stamp of this post, and look into the time the game ended, you'll realize that not only is it not over, the previous post was also made during the first quarter. God has a sick sense of humor:

Kickoff. Mizzou gets nowhere. We get the ball. Fumble, Mizzou scores. 7-0 Mizzou. Damn.

I decide after another touchy play that I'm not in it for the suspense and go to Wal-Mart to get groceries. Return to the car to find out via Bob Barry that the Sooners are now ahead by a TD and a FG. Sweet.

Go home, turn the TV back on, go to get the laundry from the washer, look in on the game for a few minutes, then Mizzou scored. Crap. I'm seeing a pattern here.

This continues until the 4th quarter, when I give up my personal watching pleasure so that Bob Stoops won't have an aneurysm. When I turned off the TV, the score was 23-24 Mizzou. Within five minutes of turning it off, I get a text from my brother telling me that the score is now 34-23 OU.

OK, God, I get the message. Just let the Sooners win already, and I swear I won't give away tickets in order watch another football game at home again EVER.



**As an aside, maybe I should cash in on this ability in the future. Omnipotence could be a groovy ride for a while.

No comments: