9.19.2007

...and now for what you've all been waiting for...

My life since Friday has been crazy. Less polite people than I would have called it something along the lines of "Mongolian clusterfsck." I don't even know where to start...

Yesterday was the state ceremony that I work on, and it went off without a hitch, except for me running over my foot with a loaded cart and taking half the skin off my heel...but that's another problem entirely.

I'm not sure where to even start with the posting of the weekend's events, other than doing shorts on each story with their own "title." So here goes:


~~~
Jailbait

So my mom's friend pulls up to the house with his 16' trailer to help me move. He can't stay, as his kids are showing cows at the state fair, but just as he arrives and gets things around my "brother" pulls up behind him, talking on a cell phone. No big deal. Wait. Cell phone? On Saturday? At this hour?!?

He gets out of the truck, walks over to me and says, "Crap. My [real] brother is in the Bugscuffle County Jail. I've gotta go bail him out." I do a 180 turn and hollered over to my mom's friend, (whose primary job is a bail bondsman), "Hey! Bubba! We need your help!" ...in 25 years, the first time I've had to ask to use his services...we ended up not needing them, but still. I must say that of all the times that Sparky could have landed himself in a situation from which he needed sprung, his timing is impeccable.

~~~

Manuel

Many people were in attendance for my move. 11 people total helped me move, and I'm here to tell ya, I'm in their debt. No way would I have made it through the weekend without them.

One such person was Manuel. He showed up at my new apartment just after we got there. It was a matter of logistics that brought him around--you know how it is--you're on the top floor, the hammer is on the bottom floor and you're holding a half a dresser with nowhere to go...then *da dum* Manuel to the rescue. Just yell for Manuel and Sparky et al. comes a-running.

Manuel Labór...don't leave home without him.

~~~

Prithleth

Tho when you're a thoprano that lithpth, you look like an flaming imbethile in front of your peerth...

My friend and I went to eat Saturday night, and she told me of a friend who is getting an advanced degree in singing ... and she has a lisp. Um, has anyone ever thought to tell the woman that she won't be able to pay the rent by singing opera with a lisp? Change careers, lady!

"Treeth on the mountainth"??? Any other aria that has an "s" anywhere in it? Prithleth. :-)

~~~

The Phone Call

We all know of Angelique (from whom I received an incredibly bizarre email that I will share later), but on Saturday I got a call from another family friend who wants me to do some handbell work for his church. Come to find out, he's now a she. What is this with my acquaintances?!?

~~~


Tonight when I get home, I'm going straight to bed. I deserve it.

No comments: