8.19.2007

Did you say HURRICANE?

...so now I can list myself among those who have survived a hurricane.


In Oklahoma.


Yes. I said "hurricane" not "tornado" ... my hometown is practically devastated, and I skipped out on the church gig this morning due to the fact that there was not a whole road between my house and the church. Then I tried to go with mom to get Nanna from the farm...and there wasn't a whole road there either. Took from 9:30 am until roughly 4:00 pm to get to a town that was one hour away from the house.

I have tons of pictures. Here are just a few:


This used to be the Watonga airport.

This was the Sonic.

This is looking north from Hwy. 33 and Noble

The grocery

By the cemetery


Hwy. 33 and Burford

South of town
(Yes, that IS a fence with a 4 ft. sign saying Keep Out...obviously Mother Nature took offense.)

The farm

One of our rent houses...you can't see the 4 x 4 pickup under the tree...

I have tons of others. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll get them to you.

The Red Cross was in town to help out. There is no power in the town at all, and everyone is at a loss for what to do. If you're inclined that way, the road is now open, so you can head out to help, and prayers don't require mileage.

No comments: