8.03.2007

Ramdom Slug(gish) Thoughts of the Morning

Since I took a day off from the Workplace de Slug, I feel like today is a little disjointed. On one hand, yesterday felt like the weekend since I was kickin' it at a party for mom's business' 25th anniversary at the ole' homeplace, which means that today feels like Monday. (Freakin' grr for that.) On the other hand, yesterday felt strange since I wasn't attending work, so today feels like it should be Friday (yes, I KNOW it's Friday.) albeit a very strange Friday. This being said, my brain can't decide if it should shut down (Monday) or celebrate (Friday)...I think that I'll withhold judgment until after a semi-liquid lunch. That should improve my outlook. Besides, when it's just Sir Knight and I, we both drink at lunch. Another plus to this job!

I think that congrats need to be extended to this lady. She just finished her Master's Degree at age 94 after dropping out of school at age 12 to take care of her siblings. I'm struggling to finish mine at age 25 after being in school for my entire life. Hats (and mortarboards) off to you, Ms. Turner...that's a serious accomplishment.

...and in the "Holy Shit, Batman!" sector, we find this piece of news. It's the family's 17th child. No adoptions, no second marriages. All are the kids of Jim Bob and Michelle. And all the names start with a "J," making the family photo album sound like a dictonary roll call. Michelle has been pregnant for 128 months, or 10.5 years (25%) of her life. DAY-UM. Christ on a crutch, I think I'd shoot someone who tried to play hide the salami with me after the first few, and there would be no chance for 17. ... Ever.

---

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts through the day--at some point, I'll post about why I applied for a promotion...it's all a big effort to rid myself of QB (imagine that). After her last stunt, I've had my fill of schizoid management styles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"liquid lunch"

I'm such a good influence.